Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Maybe the writers will be back?

I read that there is some hope in this hell of a writers strike. Optimistic estimates say they could be going back to work as early as Monday. Yay yes? But even if they do go back to work Monday (and I wouldn't place money on this) our regular scheduled programs aren't going to be popping up on TV for a while. TV takes time to make (duh) and so we all might be forced to continue to survive on American Gladiators (the funniest show on TV at the moment) for another month.

I mean I'm enjoying A Daily Show--in fact, the show's quality sans writers proves that while unassuming, Jon Stewart is likely more charismatic than even Colbert--but I'd really like to see Scrubs and even Chuck back on the air. This is Scrubs' last season and it would be unfortunate to have it spoiled by rushing to wrap things up in a reduced episode order. And Chuck, while still pretty transparent, is doing enough right to make me want to see the next episode. And, really, if I'm ever going to watch Colbert Report again, he needs to get his writers back. That O'Brien thing was pretty good and all but three guests a night really doesn't leave room for a lot of jokes.

I guess I'll hope for the best--Wiarton Willie did predict an early spring. Maybe he also predicted an early end to the strike?

No comments: