Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Never open with a fart joke.

Why do people get so excited when they are the first to post in a comments section? Does “w00t, first post!” even count as a comment? Why am I discussing this instead of making the first *actual* post for Now that’s Comedy? I blame Dan Akroyd.

Do you even want back-story? Seeing how this is the first post maybe readers will be more forgiving and thus interested in why they're reading this blog. Then again perhaps they won’t. Jerks.

The story is simple. I read a lot of music blogs. I enjoy them. I do, however, also enjoy the comedy, but only really stumble upon comedy news tangentially. And my involvement in some sort of comedy discourse is limited to the conversations I have with my roommate when we’re doing our laundry. So I thought popping out a blog that tried to keep up with comedy news and commentary seemed like a good idea. Then again, so did Pickle Gak when I was eight.

Proposal: Now that’s Comedy hopes to blog (consistently) on what’s going on in the world of comedy. I’ll be blogging about comedians, their projects, their gossip, and also their hygiene habits if I can get a certain judge to overturn a number of restraining orders. Also, in the coming months I’ll probably be spending some time discussing the new block of comedies that’ll be appearing on your neighbourhood visiontube since new sitcoms (and new forms of disgust) are just too good of an opportunity to pass up given the comedy blog nature of this whole endeavour.

That’s it. Hope to see you soon.

No comments: