Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

They're (He's) Back

So A Daily Show and The Colbert Report are now airing again. Sans writers apparently, but I don't really know how they can put on a show without some form of writing. They can't be adlibing everything, someone has to write the words on those news graphics like "space reserved for clever pun." I'm not sure how they are making this show and not crossing the picket line.

I'm not keeping abreast (hehe) of all the transpiring of the strike but if the issues or behaviours of parties involved have not changed then I'm still siding with the writers and thus hate to see a show--especially two as important and The Daily Show and The Colbert Report--abandon their writers. But! there may be more going on here than I know (I hope), as I wouldn't put it past Viacom owned Comedy Central to encourage the shows' return. I imagine both shows are pretty important for the network and having them gone for several months doesn't help ratings at all.

But in the end should I worry about the moral implications of all this? I do have two of my favourite regular shows back. Seems like I'm looking the gift horse right in the kisser.

**BONUS DOUBLE POST**

Funny guy Aaron F., has got a video on the YouTube off The Offline. Enjoy.



These are the rules: if I know you personally and you put funny stuff on YouTube, I link it. However, Aaron, you could do the rest of us funny people a favour by not being so damn funny all the time. Throwing it out there.

1 comment:

Dale Jacobs said...

That video slays me, mainly because AF is so perfect for that part.