Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Golden Compass Author tells Sensitive Man to not be so Damn Sensitive

I like when authors stand their ground about controversy in a respectful yet ardently fuck-you way.



I never got through the Golden Compass (or Northern Lights anywhere outside of North America) but I was a kid when I read them and more quick to bore. I also never knew there was that much controversy about them or that Philip Pullman is considered an atheistic writer. It's really here nor there for this blog but, personally, I'm surprised because I never caught that tone from the movie trailers. But, really, I was too busy wondering why the polar bears were wearing armour anyways. But hey, Christians get Narnia movies, seems only fair people against organized religion get His Dark Materials movies. Wow, does that title sound evil... I'm not sure how either is doing at the box office, so its possible no one is gettin' nothin'.

Maybe people are just too sensitive.

via Boing Boing

Sweet Zombie Jesus!

No comments: