Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Muppet Revelations

Alright so I blogged about the muppets yesterday and then bam! /Film reports on a whole set of new muppets stuff (well not super new, but new enough that it's news to me).

In their article I learned about the following three projects:

1) Stuffed and Unstrung - A live, adult only, comedy show with Henson puppets (they don't use the word muppet for image/ownership reasons I believe)
2) Muppet Man - A fictionalized biopic on Jim Henson
3) Happy Time Murders - a crime thriller-comedy with puppet americans, so like Roger Rabbit but with puppets I'm guess (though Puppets Who Kill and Greg the Bunny may have beat them to the punch on puppets in the real world comedies)

Wow. It's pretty exciting too to see the Henson Company working on more adult oriented projects. Really, that's a large part of their fan base now that we all grew up.

I've got a promo video for Stuffed and Unstrung after the jump.




Must... find... Canadian... date...

I am not a shrimp, I am a KING PRAWN!

1 comment:

Ryan Roe said...

The Henson Company can't use the word Muppet anymore. The name and the franchise were sold to Disney in 2004. Also, Stuffed & Unstrung is pretty funny.