Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

South Park Creators, not the Assholes in this Story

I keep trying to come up with something insightful to say about the whole South Park versus RevolutionMuslim.com thing, but I'm really left with the impressions that I think everyone has.

It sucks that Comedy Central censored the show the way they did, but I don't necessarily blame them for wanting to avoid the potential problems that would arise by depicting the prophet Mohammed. They want to protect their company and their employees from potential violence. I certainly understand that.

And whomever runs this site and were behind the posted threat, and don't for a fucking minute pretend like it was anything but a death threat, these people are monsters, awful people that don't deserve even the slight amount of civility that they are being shown throughout this whole ordeal. I'm glad your site got hacked. Seriously.

Also, I have trouble coming up with anything to say because, again!, The Daily Show has done such a sincere and moving job of addressing the issue, that my voice seems like just a pointless echo.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
South Park Death Threats
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorTea Party

Canadian link.

No comments: