Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

Comedy for People into Sonic Youth

I found this article via Stereogum. If you like David Cross, Demetri Martin, and indie rock then you'll probably love this article.

That may be untrue. I love those three things and was totally underwhelmed funny wise. I was tickled but I didn't laugh. I was more surprised to find out Keanu Reeves was in a band. I remember hearing about that but the deliciousness must have alluded me at the time because I forgot. I think I need to download a few albums, Willie Shatner is getting a little dusty. (I lie. I still love that WOW pimpin' fool.)

The prospect of getting these two comedians together to listen to music, then provide this sparse two page "interview" certainly seems like a missed opportunity to me. Why not ask Cross why he still thinks The Strokes are cool or Martin about when his new Grapes album is being released? Or at least get them to star in like a Grizzly Bear video? They're the critical darlings of the moment aren't they?

Whatever. Thought you might be interested.

No comments: