Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

John Hodgman on Boing Boing TV

Honestly what are the odds you read my blog and not Boing Boing? I however am not going to miss an opportunity to pimp John Hodgman.

From the moment I saw Hodgman (or Hodgie as I like to embroider onto pillowcases) in his first Daily Show interview, I've been enamoured. I was pumped to see him even get a much deserved re-occurring role as a their resident expert (here doing a bang-up job explaining net neutrality). Joy springs eternal when his beautiful punim appears on my TV screen. Blah blah blah mac commercials.

The original appearance was actually to promote his book The Area's of my Expertise. It's one of my favourite books, and one of the very few I find LOL-funny. This almanac of complete knowledge is essentially one giant fabrication. Off-hand my favourite parts may be the lobsters (not to be confused with "lobsters") section, the hobo signs section, and typical cyborg mischief. Read this book if you haven't. It's out in paperback now with an expansion of the original 700 hobo-names (which if you want you can listen to Hodgie reciting them all).

Anyways, Boing Boing TV has posted a pseudo-interview with Hodgman in his hotel room. He talks about his new book. Enjoy.



"It did not lead people to worry that I was insane."

He's on strike right now. Bollucks.

No comments: