Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm not concerned about the monkey, it's the Phil Collins.

So I went to see Wes Anderson's new flick, The Darjeeling Limited. Never mind about that though, I'll blog about it in a few days. First, here's a preliminary:

We were a little late, my roommate and I. As we approached the door we heard Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight" and on the screen I may have seen a gorilla. My roommate made a grunt of hesitation; so, as we walked into the theatre I commented, "The gorilla is a little much."
"It's not the gorilla but the Phil Collins."
"That's what was off putting for me at first too, but then I saw the man in the gorilla suit."
"To each his own."

Well, we picked a seat and watched the rest of the ad.



Apparently this came out in August, so apologies if this is old news for you. I just saw this tonight and it's seriously "the crazy." That said, it may be one of my favourite commercials of-all-time despite the fact it advertises not for drums, Phil Collins, or rhythmically inclined grey back gorillas, but chocolate bars?

Beckett would have been confused.

For those who wanted to own this as I did, I've got a high quality download right here. Enjoy.

No comments: